Friday, May 29, 2009

Eden

I got the opportunity to go up north for 1 week to complete what is called "Eden" training and become an Eden certified member for the facility I work at in Hurricane. It is so hard to describe what the Eden program is all about. Basically it is about creating a better quality of life for the elders/elderly that we work with also a better quality life for employees. I learned so much and so many tools at this conferance not only that I could use at my job, but in my daily life (marriage, child rearing, etc.) it was such an eye opening experiance to just everything. I seriously don't know how to explain it, but I feel forever changed. Only a select few have been chosen to go to these trainings, so you can imagine how grateful I felt to get the opportunity to participate in this. Here are some pics of my experiance there. This is a picture of me and Tracy with our boss Gary Kelso and Marla our Eden trainer, after completing our week up north.

This is me with my team members "The Red Team". Each of us were from different sister facilities so none of us new each other. There was also a state surveyor in our group as well (scary), no she really was a sweet girl and it was fun to get to know her and kind of change my perspective on some myths on what surveyors intentions and regulations really are. My group was the best group to be in , I really believe we had the most fun out of everyone. It was neat to get to know these ladies and find out more about there facilities and responsibilities.

This is me participating in a skit with one of my team members. I played the nurse and she played the elderly woman in a wheelchair. All teams had to put together a 10min skit to present on our last day of training.


watch out, it's the sprinkler!!



Me and Tracy at Olive Garden after a long day of Eden training




These are all people that I work with and whom I traveled with up north for training. Kenny and his wife Kathy, Tracy, and me eating dinner at TGIFridays in Salt Lake. We had a lot of fun getting to participate in the Eden program and hang out for a week.





1 comment:

Alan and Mindee said...

Sounds like that was a really neat training. I it cool to see the people you work with. Love the sprinkler move!!!