Sunday, February 21, 2010

We're Having Twins

So I am still in shock and know that most of you already know that we are having twin boys! We found out, thursday, February 18th and we still can't believe it. I have previously been to the doctor two times and heard one heart beat in which the doctor said, "well there is only one baby". During the ultra sound the US tech was showing and taking pictures of one baby for about 10 min. Suddenly the tech stopped and asked me if I could see what she was seeing. I saw two round images on the graph, however I ignored it trying to look past it as I thought she was about to tell us the sex of the baby. She then said "There are two heads". I asked her at least a dozen times if she was sure there were twins as I was in such shock! I then started to cry and explained to the teck that I am a twin. Mike and I later learned that they are in separate sacks which is good as there is less chance of complications and of course that both are boys and are doing well. We are both so excited and feel so blessed. Mike said he can't wait to have boys and outnumber the girls in the family since he has been the one outnumbered. I have always felt lucky to be a twin and can't believe that I get to experiance having twins. I called my mom first and told her. She asked me if I was joking and I said "Mom ,I swear on the Bible"! After that I couldn't understand much of what she said other than, "I have to call people, love you, bye"! Next we called Mike's mom, and she could'nt believe it. I called Mindee next and she could't believe it. Mike and I picked Keylee up from school and told her the news. She is excited be a big sister and said that she is happy that they are boys. I spent basically the rest of the day calling and talking with family. What an unexpected day! I have to say Mike and I feel so lucky to have such supportive, loving families who are so excited for us.

9 comments:

Sundee said...

I still can't believe you are having twin either! I told everyone at church today! I can't wait to meet the cute little angels. Keylee will be the best big sister.

Sylvia said...

I am so stinkin excited for you guys!!! I have been telling everyone...hope that's ok :) Now you really, really, need to move back so we can hold and love em anytime we want! Keylee will be such a good helper!

Alan and Mindee said...

I am still in shock and so excited! I didn't even think about the fact the you girls will be out numbered, too funny! Alan and I were trying to guess who they would look like. I thought it would be cute if one boy looked like you with red hair and one looked like Mike with black hair. Wouldn't that be fun? Anyway we are so excited for you guys and I can't wait to get the sewing machine going!!!

Hillary said...

I was so excited when I read on facebook that you were having twins!! That is so exciting and fun I am so happy for you guys!!! I'll get busy and sew you some matching little boys ties!

Danielle said...

Yay I am so excited for you guys, Thats awesome I hope all goes well with the pregnancy! Those two boys will be the best of friends, How Fun!!

More than said...

You are going to be the best mom to twins..... What blessed boys. We are praying for you.

Grandma Linda said...

I found the cutest baby blanket material Saturday. Can't wait to start getting cute stuff for them. I, like Mindee, think it would be fun to have a little red-head and a little brunette. Cindee, take care of yourself and those two cute baby boys. We are so excited we could scream!!!!!

Tasha Alycia said...

Cindee!!! That is awesome! I really got cold chills reading this! What an unexpected surprise! Take care of yourself, oh and eat your vegetables! :)

(p.s. I am super jealous of your piano!)

Tara said...

CONGRATS!!!! That is so exciting! And boys, oh how fun will that be!