Saturday, March 7, 2009

Meet the newest member of our family. Bailey Bell Backus. She is a pure breed Boxer puppy. We got her from American Fork. We are so excited to have her and are already having sooo much fun with her.
Keylee with her new friend.

Spring has Sprung. This is my favorite time of year down here when we get to start haning out in the yard and getting ready for the plant and garden season.


We've already planted the garden. I must say it feels wierd to start it this early,but we've learned if you don't get a head start, then it just gets too hot. We planted tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini squash, cantalope, green beans, broccoli, onions, and beets. It is a small garden,but a good size for our small family.




These are herbs; basil, cilantro, chives, tyme, and also a jalapeno peeper plant. I just started growing herbs the last few years and what a differance it is to cook/bake with fresh herbs. If you haven't tried growing herbs before, don't be intimidated, I have found that I can use them in lots of different recipes.



Mike turned 28 years old on 3-3-09. He has me make his favorite; German Chocolate cake every year. Happy Birthday hun.





12 comments:

Principal Bonner said...

boxers are the best dogs ever. i am jealous. mont used to have one he was a good dog .. i hope you know you are darling agood mom and wife.

Sylvia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sylvia said...

Happy Birthday Mike! I love boxers the are sooo cute! She is darling, and I love her name! I am sooo jealous you guys have planted your garden...fun! Miss you guys!!!

Danielle said...

I never knew Dylan and Mike shared a birthday that's cool! Tell him Happy Birthday from us.

Sundee said...

I think I'm going to move to Toquerville. We woke up to snow AGAIN this morning!!! I want to plant my garden. Lets get together and plan something for Easter!! I love the new dog! Tell Uncle Mike Happy Birthday! Love you guys!

Hillary said...

I love that you planted herbs...I want to do that it makes such a HUGE difference in a recipe!

Alan and Mindee said...

Your puppy is the cuttest. I just want to squeeze her! How fun!!! Looking at your garden gives me spring fever. It looks awesome! We are glad Mike had a Happy Birthday!

Pugh Family said...

Hey Twin!! Natalie here, I found your blog through Hillary's!! You''re family is so cute!!! Nathaniel, (my hubby's) family lives in Hurricane- so we pass by you quite a bit! I am adding you to my blog list!!

The White Family said...

Cute puppy! He looks just like his dad! J/K I am so jealous of your spring weather and garden!!! This is a fun time of year. I can't wait to come down for Easter. We'd better get planning!!! Love ya!

The Downs Family said...

Hey Cindee its Erin from Drill forever ago! I just found your blog and thought I would say hi! Your family is adorable and so is your new little addition :)

The Downs Family said...

I forgot to tell you to send me an email so I know what yours is, and I can add you to our blog, ours is private :) honey_erin@hotmail.com

Jason and Michele said...

Mike, Your name is on the list of people we're trying to find for the Canyon View Class of 99 reunion. For more information, go to canyonview99.blogspot.com